The Museum is located on 400 Main street, in the former school building. On the weekend of June 30 - July 2, 2012 Briercrest celebrated its 100th Anniversary and the Museum held their Grand Opening with hundreds of past and present residents enjoying the spacious building housing many of the district’s antiques and memorabilia that has all been donated by local families.
The first Museum in Briercrest originally began in the old telephone building on Main Street. The Arts and Crafts purchased the building in 1974 and used it for the Library, community college courses upstairs and also storing the museum artifacts. In 1984 the building was torn down and the artifacts were stored in one of the empty buildings in town. In 1987 they were finally able to move into the old Briercrest Hall, which had been built in 1938 and was also used as the Theatre.
The museum is open:
Saturday from 10:00 am – 4:30 pm and Sunday from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm.
During the week we are open by appointment by calling:
Briercrest, SK S0H 0K0
Or visit our new museum website: http://www.briercrestmuseum.ca